What is Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation?
For patients with depression who have not benefited from antidepressant medication, NeuroStar TMS Therapy can offer hope.
NeuroStar TMS Therapy is an FDA-cleared safe and effective treatment for patients with depression who have no benefited from one prior antidepressant medication. It works by stimulating areas of the brain with focused magnetic pulses to stimulate the areas of the brain thought to control mood. TMS Therapy is free of side effects typically experienced with antidepressant medications.
If you agree with two or more of these statements, NeuroStar TMS Therapy may be the next step for you:
• Depression symptoms have interfered with my daily life.
• I am not satisfied with the results I get from depression medication.
• I have had, or have worried about, side effects from depression medications.
• I have switched medications for depression due to side effects.
• I am interested in a proven, non-drug therapy for depression.
With many patients, depression symptoms significantly improved or went away after 4 to 6 weeks of treatment with NeuroStar TMS Therapy:
• 1 in 2 patients experienced significant improvement
• 1 in 3 patients were symptom free
Dr. Forsythe does TMS consultations Monday mornings and Friday afternoons. Brining a loved one to the consultation is important in fully understanding the benefits and positives changes TMS can offer for those suffering from chronic depression. Dr. Forsythe prescribes TMS as a course of treatment to decrease or eliminate depression symptoms; the TMS consultation is a vital part of understanding how TMS could be an appropriate treatment for you.